January 7, 2010

CID


I secretly enjoy watching this show.There is a sense of nostalgia attached to it.I remember I was in 5th grade when CID aired for the first time on television.I have vague memories of its first episode, something relating to the cyanide case.12 years on this show is still going strong.I'm one of those unassuming,reluctant,loyal fan of this comedy show which pretends to be dramatic.

CID comprises the usual bunch of kind hearted cops with mean exteriors.Pradyuman is the no-nonsense,in your face ACP(the pic shows it).Then there are two senior inspectors,burly Daya and his buddy Abhijeet.Jr.Inspector Fredricks gives a comical twist to the show.Dr.Salunkhe,the forensic lab scientist,is more of a genius than an expert.It's high time that the entire scientific world SHOULD marvel and take notice of his findings and magical experiments.Even the peaceful souls of those deceased veteran scientists will get disturbed.Salunke is very image conscious,gets real serious when someone makes a joke about his hair transplant.

Most of the scenes are shot in the bylanes of the city,which I find amusing since it reminds of those vintage middle of the road Hindi movies.
Other than that there is a lot of unrealistic 'positives'that I can highlight on.The near ones of the victim directly call CID and not the Police.The cases get over in 2-3 days.Their predictions are always dead right.The way the case unfolds is funny.The dialogues are even more funny.

Some of the recurring gems(dialogues)of this show.Mainly delivered by ACP Pradyuman.
-Daya darwaza thod do.
-Yeh chakkar kya hai(by making gestures with his fingers)
- MY GOD!!
-Question-Aap log kaun?..Answer-Hum CID(and the look on their face is priceless)

And the parting shot by ACP.
-Ab ya toh tume faasi hogi ya jail me bhaitke chakki pisna(says it with utmost disdain)
*standing ovation*
Albeit Daya's slap during the end takes the cake with cherry on top.

I remember during school days there was this sad joke which was making rounds.Full form of CID is chutney,idli,dosa.And I would laugh at such jokes not even grin.Baaaaaaahh,now I'm embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment